WHY SHOULD I USE A FREIGHT FORWARDER? | FBA Seller
A Freight Forwarder can save an FBA Seller both time and headaches while providing reliable movement of products at extremely competitive rates.
To almost any FBA Business dealing in international shipping of goods, a freight forwarder can be a real asset. It can especially be helpful when in-house resources are not versed in international shipping procedures.
There are many advantages to using a freight forwarder. A Freight forwarder can:
- Offer huge rebates with reliable carriers by consolidating shipments of multiple FBA sellers with the same destination address
- Handle all additional services that are part of the international courier service
- Customs Documentation
- Customs Declaration
- Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier documentation
- Bills of Lading
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Methods of International Payment
- insists on personal communication and great customer service.
Export.gov puts it well:
“Whether the firm is large or small, the weight of the cargo light or heavy, the freight forwarder will take care of cargo from “dock to door” if requested to do so. This can include the correct filing of export documentation, all arrangements with carriers, packing, crating and storage needs. So, the small and medium-size exporter need not deal with many of the details involved with the logistics of exporting their goods. In addition, freight forwarders typically charge modest rates for their services and have access to shipping discounts. Given the years of experience and constant attention to detail provided by the forwarder, it may be a good investment.”